Independent Study in Idaho (ISI) was created in 1973 by the Idaho State Board of Education as a cooperative of four regionally accredited Idaho institutions led by the University of Idaho. Other cooperating members include Lewis-Clark State College, Idaho State University, and Boise State University. The ISI office is located in Moscow, Idaho on the University of Idaho campus, Shoup Hall, Room 310.
Open enrollment. Register anytime. Start anytime.
- Start working on your course as soon as you are enrolled.
- Courses delivered online through the BbLearn Course Management System.
- Work at your own pace within the limits set by the course instructor on the number of assignments that can be submitted per week.
- Complete in one year or less. Plan for a minimum of three months to complete most ISI courses.
- Idaho residency is not required. Admission to cooperating institutions is not required.
- Same in-state and out-of-state fees.
- Almost 100 courses in more than 25 subject areas.
- ISI does not offer degrees; however credits earned upon course completion transfer to most colleges and universities.
- Courses designed for students who work well independently with limited interaction with instructors.