General Education Changes
Updated for the 2018-19 Catalog Year
University of Idaho General Education or Transfer Student General Education?
- Students who begin their education at the University of Idaho with fewer than 14 transferable college credits from a regionally accredited institution after high school graduation are admitted as first-year students and placed on the U of I General Eduction for the school year in which they were admitted. (e.g., A student admitted for the Fall 2014 semester must complete the U of I General Education for the 2014-2015 catalog year.)
- Transfer students who have completed 14 or more transferable college credits after high school graduation may choose to complete either the U of I General Education or the Transfer Student General Education requirements.
- Students with questions about their General Education requirements should contact their academic advisor or the Advising Center. A Change of General Education form must be submitted and is required for those students eligible to change the general education option. A student's general education requirements can be found in their degree audit and in their General Catalog year.
For more information:
- See the University of Idaho General Education requirements.
- Please see the General Catalog (General Requirements and Academic Procedures, Section J - General Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees).
- For general advising, visit the Advising Center.