20.02 - Cashiers
Last updated September 16, 2016
A. General. The Controller’s office maintains cashier windows for supporting cash transactions concerning the University of Idaho. The services include receipting cash, checks and payment card transactions; check cashing; and disbursing certain cash/check payments. [See 20.03, 20.04, and 20.06 for additional information as to receipting and disbursing procedures.] [rev. 9-16]
A-1. UI Check Cashing and Payment Policy. The following policies apply to check cashing and payment activities for all students/faculty/staff: [ren. & rev. 9-16]
- Photo ID required for all checks cashed.
- Absolutely no two party checks cashed.
- –UI checks (payroll and other reimbursements) up to a limit of $200
- Personal checks cashed –up to $200 for faculty and staff and $100 for students.
- Make checks payable to Bursar, U of I.
- Local address required on all checks.
- $20 service charge on all returned checks. [See 20.05)
A-2. Check Disbursements. The cashiers disburse payroll, financial aid, and other checks. Picture ID is required for all check disbursements. A payee can provide written authorization for another individual to pick up his or her check. In this case, the individual picking up the check must provide picture ID. [ren. 9-16]
A-3. Credit Cards. The cashiers accept the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. The university also accepts Vandal Debit cards and other debit and check cards. [ren. 9-16]
A-4. Petty Cash Reimbursement. The cashiers issue petty cash reimbursements for authorized purchases to a maximum of $100. [See 20.04 for detailed process.] [ren. 9-16]
[See Petty Cash Reimbursement Receipt for form.]