90.25 - University of Idaho Student Union Building and/or Idaho Commons - General
Last updates August 25, 2005 (formerly 80.25)
A. General. The UI Student Union Building (SUB) and the Idaho Commons are the centers of campus life and afford a variety of facilities and services for dining [University Dining Services - See APM 80.31] and for recreational, social, and cultural activities. The construction and operation of the SUB and Idaho Commons are financed through student fees. The services and program of activities conducted in the SUB and Commons have been developed cooperatively with the Associated Students of the University of Idaho (ASUI), the faculty, staff, and administration.
B. SUB Room Reservations. Rooms at the SUB can be reserved through the Conference Coordinator, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm, at (111) 111-6956. Rooms at the Commons can be reserved through the information desk at (111) 111-2667. Rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. To avoid cancellation charges, a twenty-four hour notice is required for cancellation of rooms.
B-1. Student Use of the SUB and/or Commons. A student organization or regularly enrolled student may use the SUB or Commons facilities without charge. The Associated Students of the University of Idaho (ASUI) maintains a list of valid student organizations. Any organization that is non-student will be charged standard fees for the use of the building. (Note: Direct charges may be assessed to student groups depending upon the needs and nature of the organization's meeting.)
B-2. Faculty/Staff Use of the SUB and/or Commons. Faculty and staff may use the SUB facilities without charge for university meetings. (Note: Direct charges may be assessed to faculty/staff groups depending upon the needs and nature of the organization's meeting.)
B-3. Other Groups. Non-student, faculty or staff groups will be assessed a standard rental rate for use of the SUB facilities. Several other conditions of charges are as follows:
- If a group reserves a room and is one-half faculty, staff, or students, then one-half the room rental rate is assessed.
- If a group is less than one-half faculty, staff, or students, then the full room rental rate is assessed.
- If a group, university or other, charges a fee to attend the meeting or conference, then the full room rate is assessed.
B-4. SUB Facility Use Charges. A schedule of SUB room usage fees is kept by the SUB Conference Coordinator.
C. Information Desk. The SUB and/or Commons Information Desk provides the following services for students, faculty, and staff.
- FAX transmittal. (Note: $2.00 for first page and $1.00 for every other page. International FAX is $4.00 per page. FAX received is $.50 per page.)
- Provides campus and community information to the public students, faculty and staff.
- Transfers phone calls to other departments and individuals in the SUB and elsewhere on campus.
- Provides check cashing services for students, faculty, and staff members with valid UI identification cards.
- Provides equipment reservations for use in the building.
- Study Groups. Student groups may reserve smaller meeting rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis for the purpose of studying. Other rooms may be reserved for studying during periods of low usage provided no one else needs the rooms for meeting purposes.
D. Information. Any questions regarding the SUB facilities and/or reservations should be addressed to the Information Desk, at (111) 111-4636 or at the Commons at (111) 111-2667.