Extension Specialist, Assistant Professor
Ag Science, Room 28D
Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
University of Idaho
111 Perimeter Drive MS 2334
Moscow, ID 11111-2334
Ph.D., Oregon State University, 2011
M.S., Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, 2000
B.S., Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, 1998
- Rural community development
- Entrepreneurship, rural infrastructure and dynamic changes of community and small regional economies
- Helping local communities produce wealth, open up economic opportunities and facilitate adjustment
- Lewin, P., Weber, B., and Holland, D., 2013 Core-Periphery Dynamics in the Portland Oregon Region: 1982 to 2006” Annals of Regional Science (forthcoming)
- Lewin, P., Fisher, M., and Weber, B., 2012 “Do Rainfall Conditions Push or Pull Rural Migrants? Evidence from Malawi” Agricultural Economic Journal 43, 191-204.
- Holland, D.; Lewin, P.; Sorte, B.; and Weber, B. In press. 2011. “How economically Interdependence is the Portland Metro Core with its Rural Periphery? A comparison across two decades.” In: Toward one Oregon. Oregon State University Press.
- Weber, B., Lewin, P., and Sorte, B., 2011 “Economic Impacts on Oregon Counties of the Termination of the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination” Act: 2011 Update.
- Sorte, B., Lewin, P., and Opfer, P., 2011 “Oregon Agriculture and the Economy: An Update” Oregon State University Extension Service. Rural Studies Program
- Makombe, T., Lewin, P., and Fisher, M., 2010 “The Determinants of Food Insecurity in Rural Malawi: Implications for Agricultural Policy” Malawi Strategy Support Program (MaSSP), Policy Note 4. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sorte, B., Lewin, P., and Weber, B., 2009 “Economic Impacts on Oregon Counties of the Termination of the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination” Act: An Update. RSP #09-03.
- Holland, D., Lewin, P., Sorte, B., and Weber, B., 2009 “How Economically Interdependent is the Portland Metro Core with its Rural Periphery? A Comparison across Two Decades” RSP # 09-01.
- Sorte, B., Lewin, P., and Weber, B., 2008 “Economic Impacts on Oregon Counties of the Termination of the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act” (P.L. 106-393). RSP #08-05
- Lewin, P. and Andersson, K., 2008 “Chile: A Free-Market Model of Decentralization”. In K. Andersson, G. Gordillo de Anda and F. van Laerhoven. Local Governments and Rural Development: Comparing Lessons from Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Peru. University of Arizona Press.