Child, Family & Consumer Studies: Child and Youth Development, B.S.F.C.S.
Specialized Family Relationships
In this program, you'll develop the specialized skills to help families create the environment every child needs for healthy development. Examine normal developmental stages of children and families, study current research and take courses in human development and behavior, parent-child relationships, nutrition and other related topics to prepare for your role in this specialization.
- Practical field experiences working with children and families
- The Child Development Laboratory offers a real-world setting to practice and learn
- Assist in a faculty member’s research project
- Join the FCS Club to attend state conferences and meet professionals
- Intern at a hospital, youth center or family services agency