Saturday Academy of Science
Join the UI College of Agricultural and Life Sciences on the Moscow campus for five Saturday Academy of Science events.
June 3 — Insects
- Tour the UI’s William F. Barr Entomological Museum and check out over 1 million mounted species. Learn more about the importance of insects in agriculture. Iddings Agricultural Science Building (606 S Rayburn St.), 1-2 p.m.
June 10 — Pollinators
- Bees play a very important role in our ecosystem. Learn more about these hard workers and their habitats. UI Arboretum south entrance, 1-2 p.m.
July 8 — Milk Comes From Where?
- Milk provides many delicious and nutritious foods. Learn more about the science behind dairy and how to milk a live dairy cow. Iddings Agricultural Science Building (606 S Rayburn St.), 1-2 p.m.
July 22 — Stream Assessment
- Join IDAH2O at Paradise Creek to complete a stream assessment. What kinds of fish and insects live in the water? What types of things do they need to survive?
August 12 — CANCELLED From Farm to Fuel
- Mustard is used for more than just hot dogs. Learn more about the wonders of the mustard seed and its many uses. Parker Farm (1025 Plant Science Rd.), 1-2 p.m.
Check back for time and location information or follow us on .