Academic advising is more than getting registered for classes. Successful advising requires a responsible combined effort between the student and the advisor. We are here to teach and empower you to succeed. Each semester you must meet with your academic advisor in person before your advisor hold can be removed. Your course selection will be reviewed and discussed at your advising appointment.
You will use the example four year plan and VandalWeb's degree audit to draft in pencil a two semester class plan on your registration worksheet (PDF). Degree Audit provides a list of general education course options and course prerequisite information. To learn more about prerequisites click on any course in Degree Audit with an asterisk.
Create your class list by selecting classes you have not taken yet.
- Freshman — Complete all courses listed Freshmen year before selecting Sophomore classes.
- Sophomores — Complete all courses listed Freshmen and Sophomore year before selecting Junior year classes.
- Add — A summer, national student exchange, or study abroad plan if applicable.
This draft will be reviewed during your advising appointment. If you arrive without your draft of courses your appointment will be rescheduled.
After your draft is complete call 111-111-7141 or drop into our office (J.A. Albertson Building, Room 306) to schedule your advising appointment. During advising time we are unable to respond to email or voicemail appointment requests.
- Degree Audit: Your Degree Audit can be found in Vandalweb. It is a tool that allows you and your advisor to check your degree progress at any time. This is also a good location to check on prerequisite requirements, general education course options, and graduation requirements.
- Registration Status: Your registration status depends on your class standing and number of credits. You can view your registration day and time under the registration tab of VandalWeb.
- Finding your Advisor: If you are no longer assigned to the Advising Suite and have a faculty advisor assigned (usually juniors and seniors), this person can be found designated at the top of your Degree Audit.
- Waitlist Information: If a class is full and has a waitlist option available, be sure you understand how the waitlist process works.