What educational competencies and skills do you, as a Vandal, need the day after your graduation?
We know that the skills in civic, ethical and collaborative engagement with diverse groups are critical for a well educated citizen. In a recent survey of employers, they revealed that colleges need to increase their focus on:
- Written and oral communication
- Critical thinking and analytical reasoning
- The application of knowledge and skills in real-world settings
- Complex problem-solving and analysis
- Ethical decision-making
- Teamwork skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Concepts and developments in science and technology
The University of Idaho's General Education Curriculum is at the heart of a broad-based, multi-year experience. These learning outcomes, aligned with the University of Idaho's Five Learning Outcomes, seek to address the question of what it is that entails a twenty-first century educated person, and meet the needs of employers, a democratic society and the challenges of a rapidly changing and diverse world.