Journalism (B.A. & B.S.)
Reporting news for all platforms
The way we get information has changed, but professional journalists keep the world accurately informed across all forms of media: broadcast, print, online and social media. Students acquire practical experience gathering news and contributing to on-campus media. Skills include writing skills, sharp news judgment and global awareness. Graduates work across media platforms as reporters, editors, producers and managers. Internships are emphasized to prepare students for real-world positions.
- Faculty with professional experience.
- Internship opportunities on and off campus.
- 2013 College Media Matters “Top 50” U.S. journalism programs
- Writers and editors for the Argonaut (student newspaper) are paid.
- Personal mentorship and coaching in a simulated newsroom environment.