Steven B. Daley-Laursen
Steven B. Daley-Laursen, Ph.D.
Professor of Society and Natural Resources
Department of Natural Resources and Society
University of Idaho
111 Perimeter Drive MS 1139
Moscow, ID 11111-1139
- Ph.D. Forest Science, College of Forestry, Wildlife and Range Sciences 1984, University of Idaho, Moscow ID
- M.Sc. Forest Resources Management, College of Forestry, Wildlife and Range Sciences 1979, University of Idaho, Moscow ID
- B.Sc. Conservation and Resource Development, College of Ag and Natural Sciences 1975 University of Maryland, College Park MD
Bird, A, S.B. Daley-Laursen and K.P. Whyte. 2017. Evaluation of the second annual national Tribal Climate Camp.
Mote, P., S.B. Daley-Laursen, E. Salathe’. 2017. Final Report, Dept of the Interior NW Climate Science Center, 2010-17.
Caamaño, Diego; Goodwin, P.; Buffington, J.M.; Liou, Jim C. P.; and Daley-Laursen, S. 2009. A Unifying Criterion for the Velocity Reversal Hypothesis in Gravel-Bed Rivers. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering.
Daley-Laursen, S.B., T. Wegner and M. Moen. 2001. People, Land and Water initiative helps local officials with decision making about land use and utilization of a community’s natural resource base. Minnesota Counties 45(7):14. http://www.mncounties.org/publications/ minnesota_counties.htm
Daley-Laursen, S.B., M. Reichenbach and M. Moen. 2001. Economic development for the future of natural resource businesses. Minnesota Counties 45(8):14.
Daley-Laursen, S.B. 2000. A university-community partnership for research and education on regional development: Minnesota’s regional sustainable development partnerships at the University of Minnesota. Proceedings: Soil Science Society of America. Minneapolis Minnesota. November 5-9.
Finley, F.N., J.J. Cogan, and S.B. Daley-Laursen. 1998. CELL - The University of Minnesota Center for Environmental Learning and Leadership: A cooperative enterprise. Proceedings International Environmental Education Research Conference. Helsinki, Finland.
Steinberg, S.J. and S.B. Daley-Laursen. 1997. ForNet: Delivering spatial data to forestry professionals in a natural resource management agency and to the public. Society of American Foresters National Convention. Memphis, Tennessee. October 4-8.
Steinberg, S.J. and S.B. Daley-Laursen. 1996. ForNet: Delivering spatial data to natural resource managers and the public. Geospatial Information Age- International Resource Technology Conference. Seattle, Washington. April 12-16.
Laursen, S.B. 1995. A description of the riparian forest resource in the State of Minnesota: land area, ownership, cover type, and disturbance. Proceedings: At the water’s edge-the science of riparian forestry, Duluth, Minnesota. June 1995. 6 p.
Laursen, S.B. and M. Kilgore. 1995. GEIS recommendations become the new Minnesota sustainable forest resource management act. The Minnesota Forester 14(2): 1.
- Excellence in Outreach and Engagement Award, University of Idaho 2015
- President, USDA Secretary’s Advisory Council for Research, Education and Economics
- National Advisory Board to the USDA Secretary, 2010-13.
- USDA Secretary Honor Award, Math and Science Program for Tribal Youth, 2000.
- Superior Service Award. CSREES, USDA, Washington, DC, 2000.
- Dean’s Outstanding Team Award for Diversity. University of Minnesota, 2000.
- Outstanding Academic Employee Certificate, University of Minnesota, 1997.
- Alumni Early Career Achievement Award, University of Idaho, 1994.
- Certificate of Superior Service, National Strategic Plan Team USDA-CSREES, 1994.
- President, Nat’l House of Society Delegates, Society of American Foresters, 1993.
- Internship. Title XII Strengthening Grant Pgm for international preparedness 1984.
- Honor Societies: Xi Sigma Pi, 1979: Epsilon Sigma Phi Extension, 1991; Sigma Xi Research, 1978; Phi Kappa Phi Scholastic, 1975; Phi Sigma Biological, 1975.
Principal Investigator, Northwest Climate Science Center, Department of Interior USGS in cooperation with the University of Idaho, University of Washington and Washington State University. 2010-2015.
Director, National Tribal Climate Camp. USDI BIA. 2016-2017.
Director, NWCSC Climate Boot Camp. USDI NWCSC. 2013, 2016.
Director, Northwest Knowledge Network, University of Idaho and Idaho National Laboratory Cooperating. www.idahoepscor.org
Principal Investigator, A Data Management Framework for Regional Climate Science Centers and Landscape Conservation Cooperatives, US Department of Interior. 2011-2014.