Rafts & Catarafts
The Rental Center is located in the University of Idaho Student Recreation Center (SRC). All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates, pick-up and drop-off days are free. To check equipment availability, call 111-111-6170.
10’6” paddle raft (4-5 persons) | $120
with oar frame (3 persons) | $140
12’6” paddle raft (4-5 persons) | 130
with oar frame (3 persons) | $150
14’ paddle raft (6-8 persons) | $160
with oar frame (5 persons) | $180
with fish frame (3 persons) | $200
16’ paddle raft (8-10 persons) | $190
with oar frame (6-7 persons) | $200
14’ cataraft with frame (2 persons ) | $140
17’ 6” cataraft w/frame (2 persons & gear) | $160
Center or stern frames - varying configurations | $70
Cooler frame - mounts on thwarts to carry
cooler, drybox or other gear | $40
Three oars | $25
Fish frame | $90
12 NRS straps for rigging cargo | $10
Water Clothing & Equipment
Life Jackets - Type III or V from Youth to XXL | $6
Helmets - Pro-Tec | $6
Dry Bags - NRS Outfitter or four small bags | $7
Throw Rope | $6
Raft Cargo Deck or Cargo Net | $6
Pumps - Wonder Pump | $6
Ammo Can 11” x 7” x 6” | $6
Coolers, Stoves & More
Roll-a-table | $8
Fire Pan | $5
Extra Fuel Bottle | $4
Cooking Pot - 1- or 2-Quart Stainless Steel | $4
Lantern - Coleman with fuel | $11
First Aid Kit | $4
Camp Chair | $6
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. Current UI students receive a discount on all rentals with their Vandal ID.
The UI Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted with payment at the rental center.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after 5 days paid at regular rate.
- Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- Cancellations more than 14 days notice = 90 percent refund.
- Cancellations less than 14 days out = 75 percent rental credit refund.
We cannot issue refunds for purchases made with rental credit.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment at the rental center.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.