U of I Women Lead
Tuesdays, 5-7 p.m.
September 18 | October 2 | October 6 | October 30 (Climb Night)
Registration Opens September 11, 2018 | 9:00 am | Department of Student Involvement, Commons 302
*Only 14 seats available, free snacks & beverages provided*
We offer a free specialized leadership development and mentor program for Vandal students who identify as women. The program includes three engaging and discussion-based sessions and an optional group climb night. The content, exploration, and analysis build over the course of these sessions. The goal of this program is to build a network of U of I women undergraduates with enhanced confidence in their leadership capabilities and higher sense of purpose.
Facilitation is conducted by experienced and dynamic leadership development professionals. The U of I Women Lead program is inclusive and meets participants where they are in their leadership journey.
U of I Women Lead participants will:
- Deconstruct and reconstruct the meaning of leader and leadership
- Explore how our identities, power, and social location impact perceptions of leadership
- Guide women in building their confidence and leadership efficacy and capacities
- Enhance their self-awareness and authentic leadership-self
- Build connections with a variety of women leaders around campus
- Discuss and analyze the common challenges that women leaders face and strategize how to overcome these challenges