Request More Information
Law + Science + Professional Skills = A Smart Combination
This program is designed for students who plan to practice law but who also want greater technical knowledge of science as it applies to the environment and natural resource management.
In this interdisciplinary program, you will build a distinctive skill set that combines law, science and project management. This specialized training prepares you to work effectively with business and industry to address complex environmental and natural resource issues.
The program offers the following tracks of study:
- Environmental contamination
- Sustainability science
- Climate change
- Water resources management
- Bioenergy and biofuels
- Sustainable food and fiber
- Management of regulated river systems
- Ecohydrological science and management
Students who graduate from this program earn both a law degree and a professional master’s of science degree in an area that best supports their career goals.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Are interested in environmental and natural resource law
- Want to apply scientific knowledge to solve real-world problems
- Interested in environmental sustainability issues and water science
- Want to build your management and communication skills
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Environmental/Natural Resources attorney
- Environmental/natural resource policy representative
- Environmental consultant
- Risk assessment/compliance specialist
- Environmental planner
- Environmental project manager
- Regulatory specialist
Bioregional Planning & Community Design, M.S./J.D.