TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText Support
The following will provide you with detailed information about some of the more common questions related to using TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText. As a general guideline remember:
- You first point of support is your course instructor. Feel free to contact them with questions related to assignments or basic use of the system.
- If you have a technical question related to TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText you can contact them directly by calling TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText Support at 800-311-5656, use Option 2, then Option 1 during the following hours (all times converted from Eastern Time). Make sure to identify yourself as a University of Idaho student and have your University of Idaho email available.
- Monday through Thursday 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. (PST)
- Friday 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. (PST)
- Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (PST)
- Sunday 3-8 p.m. (PST)
TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText is a web-based e-portfolio system that the University of Idaho uses to collect information on your academic progress in the teacher education program as it relates to various state and national standards. You will use a Direct Response Folio (DRF) to upload signature assignments in various courses. Coursework is graded and your scores are available in TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText. The teacher education program then uses that data in program improvement, accreditation and to monitor your progress throughout your preparation as an educator.
TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText provides you with web-based productivity tools that can assist with developing your own showcase web-based folio for job seeking and sharing with others who have an interest in your academic and professional development. It also provides you with templates for lesson and unit planning, a rubric wizard for assessing your students’ work and a mylibrary and cybrary where you can save your lesson and unit plans and share and copy (with appropriate citation) other users’ lessons and unit plans from around the world. You also are provided with 500Mb of upload space where you can safely keep your work and even a video of your teaching episodes. These are only a few of the benefits to you, as the biggest limitation on your use of this system will be your imagination and technological capabilities.
TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText is used in two key ways.
- First and foremost, the system provides a mechanism to support you in the submission, organization and preservation of assignments, evidence and reflections associated with your preparation as a future educator. The University of Idaho uses this data to help improve the Education Preparation Program (EPP) by looking at structured data that you submit, that are aligned to state and national standards including the Idaho Professional Standards Commission and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Used by the teacher education program to collect evidence that is aligned to state and national standards for education preparation. The University of Idaho EPP utilizes this system to ensure that the evidence you submit demonstrates that your teacher education program is rigorous, comprehensive and preparing you to make a positive impact on your current and future students learning.
Locally we pull a registration report for courses that use TaskStream here at the University of Idaho. We then send you an email near the start of the semester to let you know the status of your account.
How does my account work?
There are two components to your TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText account.
- The first part of your account is accessing the system itself. If you are currently enrolled in any of the teacher education related courses, then you will automatically be added to the TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText under your Vandal Email address.
- The second part of your account is the Self-Enrollment code. This code allows you to submit assignments/upload work to TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText. You will need to enter the self-enrollment code for your class. Below is a table of all of the self-enrollment codes for the different courses and programs within Teacher Education.
The EPP will pay for your account on a semester to semester basis while you are enrolled in a teacher education related course. If you do not register for a teacher education course your account will go into “inactive” status. Your work still will be in the system.
Student accounts are set up before each semester. This will allow you to login to TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText. You can contact TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText technical support if you are having difficulty with the self-enrollment code, need to reset your password or are having difficulty with uploading an assignment. The TaskStream administrator for the University of Idaho (who can add you to the site license) is Daniel Campbell, Ph.D. and can be reached via email at [email protected]
Upon successful completion of your teacher education program you can download your TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText data or you can choose to continue your subscription at your own cost as a TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText Alumni.
Your class syllabi should have information pertaining to which self-enrollment code you need to use. You can lookup your self-enrollment code (by course) in the table below. Please note that DAT students should use the code that includes the year of expected graduation.
|Course||Self-Enrollment Code||Course||Self-Enrollment Code|
|EDCI 511||CIMasters||MUST 382||Music|
|EDCI 513||MUST 383|
|EDCI 524||MUST 386|
|EDCI 563||MUST 445|
|CTE 410||PEP 350|
|CTE 413||PEP 380|
|CTE 415||PEP 412|
|CTE 416||PEP 413|
|CTE 418||PEP 421|
|CTE 420||PEP 424|
|CTE 426||PEP 440|
|CTE 430||PEP 484|
|AT 607||EDCI 433|
|AT 610||EDCI 434|
|AT 611||EDCI 437|
|AT 620||EDCI 441|
|AT 621||EDCI 442|
|AT 622||EDCI 443|
|AT 623||EDCI 447|
|AT 624||EDCI 449|
|AT 625||EDCI 454|
|AT 630||EDCI 463|
|AT 640||EDSP 325||SPED|
|AT 641||EDSP 350|
|AT 642||EDSP 423|
|AT 643||EDSP 425|
|EDCI 301||EDSP 448|
|EDCI 302||EDSP 520|
|EDCI 401||EDSP 522|
|EDCI 410||EDSP 530|
|EDSP 300||EDSP 540|
|EDSP 599||EDSP599Defense||EDSP 549|
|EDCI 321||EDSP 597||SpEdTPA|
|EDCI 327||UI TPA||UITPA|
|EDCI 408||EDCI 599||webfolio|
You will be given specific instructions about how to upload artifacts (assignments) from your course instructor. If you are having difficulty with the system please first check with your instructor then contact TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText technical support.
Blackboard is specifically designed by individual instructors to deliver content and manage assignments. TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText is used to assist you with the organization and dissemination of materials associated with competencies and standards related to your teacher education program and specific content endorsement area(s).
You may be required to upload assignments to both blackboard and to TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText. We are currently working to integrate both systems. More information about this integration will be posted as it becomes available.
See below for common issues and the suggested resolution.
How do I access TaskStrem Tk20 with LiveText?
When you registered for a course that uses this system, we transmit your information to TaskStream TK20. You should have access under your @vandals.divinedestinations.info email account. Your access is good for one semester.
I had an account and now it tells me to subscribe or enter a credit card
Account expired and I need a new key-code
Chances are you registered for a course after we did our regular account set-up.
I am enrolled in Dual-Credit
As Dual credit courses are on a slightly different schedule than the University of Idaho, your account set-up may be delayed until the first week of your Dual credit class. A notification from the TaskStream administrator will be sent
How do I use this system?
Video links to tutorials
Unable to login to TaskStream Tk20 with LiveText
If account is active and cannot remember the password or username you can do one of the following
Can’t see the class