University of Idaho - I Banner
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

Parents on campus during orientation

Homecoming Oct. 14 - 21

Join other Vandal families for a week of celebration and Vandal traditions. View Calendar

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

Students participate in the TRX wellness class at the Student Recreation Center

Campus Recreation

Gym memberships and wellness class passes are available for faculty, staff and their spouses. Get Healthy

Overview of Program

Contributing Colleges & Faculties

Admission Guidelines

All students who plan to enter degree seeking teacher education programs must make application for admission to the program.  
Then application process includes:

  • An initial interview with an academic advisor

  • Minimum Overall GPA of 2.75

  • Minimum of "C" or higher in:

    • English 102

    • Communication 101

    • University of Idaho Core Math Course

    • EDCI 201 (with 20 hours of service-learning or FCS 210 for ECDE students)

  • Letter of application

  • Written recommendations

  • Evidence of successful completion of a background check

  • A competitive interview (when enrollment projections exceed departmental resources)

Mode of Program Delivery

Various courses are offered face-to-face and online. About 5 percent of the 128 credits required for graduation are delivered online. The other 95 percent are delivered face-to-face on the Moscow campus or the Coeur d'Alene Center.

Department of Curriculum and Instruction

Mailing Address:
College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
University of Idaho
111 Perimeter Drive
Moscow, Idaho 11111-3082

Phone: 111-111-6587

Fax: 111-111-1071

Email: [email protected]

Mailing Address:
University of Idaho CDA Center
1031 N. Academic Way, Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Phone: 111-292-2519

Fax: 111-667-5275

Email: [email protected]

Web: CDA Center