Professional Development (PD) courses in the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences (EHHS) are typically offered to educators and administrators who need initial certification or to maintain credentials, as well as for the purpose of staying abreast of new policies and procedures. Courses range in length from a few days to a full semester, or occasionally longer. They cover a broad spectrum of topics and are offered throughout the State of Idaho and via online delivery methods.
For a listing of available PD courses, see the Professional Development Courses for Teachers section of U of I's . Courses are added frequently throughout each semester, so check it often.
If you want to teach PD courses at U of I through EHHS, the Associate Dean or a Department Chair will first ensure you are qualified to teach the course(s) you are proposing. If they determine you are, you will need to be affiliated with U of I in order to teach.
- Email a copy of your CV or resume and a draft syllabus of your proposed course(s) to the Professional Development Team ([email protected]).
- An Affiliate Data System Set-up Form will be emailed to you upon confirmation of your qualifications. (If you are currently employed at U of I, you do not need to complete Steps 2-4.)
- Complete the form, and fax it directly to Human Resources at 111-111-3602.
- When you receive your confirmation from Human Resources, including your V number if you have never been affiliated with U of I in any capacity, email it to the Professional Development Team ([email protected]), and your Affiliate EPAF will be processed.
- Once your EPAF is complete, the Professional Development Team can begin processing PD course proposals for you.
Each course requires a syllabus outlining the expectations, grading requirements, instructor contact information, and other course specifics. There are three templates available for your use. You may modify them to suit your needs, as long as you include the basic information required to meet U of I and EHHS policies.
Once the PD course has been processed, it will be visible on U of I's for individuals seeking PD opportunities. You will also receive a registration form to provide to participants. This form will allow participants to be admitted to U of I as a non-degree-seeking student and register for the course in one simple step.
First-time participants will be assigned a Vandal Identification Number, referred to as a V number, and a Vandal email address. As standard policy, all U of I communications are sent to Vandal email addresses. It is recommended participants activate this account, and either utilize it or forward it to an email account they check regularly.
Final grades are due before noon on the Tuesday following the end of each semester. It is important that grades be posted in a timely manner. Grades are posted in , under the Faculty & Advisors Tab. If you do not have a Faculty & Advisors Tab, you will need to complete the FERPA Tutorial, found under the Personal Information Tab.
If students need proof of completion, they may request a transcript from the Office of the Registrar. There is an online form to complete this process.
"What Nobler Employment, or More Valuable to the State, than that of the Man who Instructs the Rising Generation?"
— Marcus Tullius Cicero
The University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene Campus (UI-CdA) offers resources for area educators and other professionals seeking to grow academically, personally and professionally. PD courses and other support programs at UI-CdA provide:
- On-site assistance to schools in the 10 northern counties to meet certification requirements and enhance ongoing instructional and curriculum development programs;
- Continuing professional development growth opportunities for school district administrators;
- Access to area education practitioners and other specialists who design programs and serve as instructional leaders;
- Credit and non-credit opportunities to meet individual needs.
Please see the UI-CdA website for information about available programs.