Min Xian, Ph.D.
Min Xian, Ph.D.
University of Idaho, Idaho Falls
1776 Science Center Drive
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Utah State University, 2017
- M.S., Computer Science, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2011
- B.S., Information Security, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2008
- Data topology modeling
- Biomedical big data analysis
- Robust data analysis
- Machine learning
- Computer vision and image analysis
Min Xian is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Idaho. He received his doctorate in computer science from Utah State University (USU), and his master’s in computer science and bachelor’s in information security from Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) in 2011 and 2008, respectively. He has broad research interests in biomedical big data analysis, machine learning, computer version, image analysis and data topology modeling. Currently, his research focuses on building the theory and algorithms of robust data analysis for solving challenges in cross-disciplinary applications. Xian received the Excellent Ph.D. Dissertation Award, Best Student Paper Award, Excellent Graduate Student Award, and Best Academic Presentation Award of the CS department at USU. He is also a recipient of the Graduate Research and Collaborative Opportunities (GRCO) Grant.
- M. Xian, Y. Zhang, H. D. Cheng, F. Xu, J. Ding, Automatic breast ultrasound image segmentation: a survey, 2017. ,
- Hongkai Yu, Youjie Zhou, Hui Qian, Min Xian and Song Wang. LooseCut: Interactive Image Segmentation with Loosely Bounded Boxes, in IEEE ICIP, 2017.
- M. Xian, Y. Zhang, H. D. Cheng, F. Xu, J. Ding, Neutro-Connectedness Cut, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 25(2016) 4691-4703.
- H. Guan, Y. Zhang, M. Xian, H.D. Cheng, X. Tang, WENN for Individualized Cleaning in Imbalanced Data, in ICPR, 2016, pp. 456-461.
- M. Xian, F. Xu, H. D. Cheng, EISeg: Effective Interactive Segmentation, in ICPR, 2016, pp. 1982-1987.
- F. Xu, M. Xian, H. D. Cheng, Unsupervised Saliency Estimation based on Robust Hypotheses, in IEEE WACV, 2016, pp. 1-6.
- C. Liu, H. D. Cheng, Y. Wang, Y. Zhang, M. Xian, Robust Multiple Cue Fusion Based High-Speed and Non-Rigid Object Tracking Algorithm for Short Track Speed Skating, Journal of Electronic Imaging, 25 (2016), 0130141-01301416.
- M. Xian, Y. Zhang, H. D. Cheng, Fully Automatic Segmentation of Breast Ultrasound Images Based on Breast Characteristics in Space and Frequency Domains, Pattern Recognition, 48(2015) 485-497.
- J. Ding, H. D. Cheng, M. Xian, Y. Zhang, F. Xu, Local-weighted Citation-kNN algorithm for breast ultrasound image classification, Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, 126 (2015) 5188-5193.
- J. Ding, M. Xian, H. D. Cheng, An algorithm based on LBPV and MIL for left atrial thrombi detection using transesophageal echocardiography, in IEEE ICIP, 2015, pp. 4224-4227.
- H. Shao, Y. Zhang, M. Xian, H. D. Cheng, F. Xu, J. Ding, A Saliency model for automated tumor detection in breast ultrasound images, in IEEE ICIP, 2015, pp. 1424-1428.
- M. Xian, Y. Zhang, H. D. Cheng, A Fully Automatic Breast Ultrasound Image Segmentation Approach Based on Neutro-Connectedness, in ICPR, 2014, pp. 2495-2500.
- H. Yu, M. Xian, X. Qi, Unsupervised Co-segmentation Based on Co-saliency Model and a New Global GMM Constraint in MRF, in IEEE ICIP, 2014, pp. 4412-4416.
- M. Xian, J. Huang, Y. Zhang, X. Tang, Multiple-domain knowledge based MRF model for tumor segmentation in breast ultrasound images, in IEEE ICIP, 2012, pp. 2021-2024.
- The theory, algorithms and applications of robust data analysis: improving the efficiency and resiliency of data-driven systems.
- Unconstrained biomedical big data analysis: designing biomedical big data analysis algorithms to improve cancer diagnosis performance using multiple-source data.
- Excellent Ph.D. Dissertation Award, Department of Computer Science, USU, 2017
- Best Student Paper Award, Department of Computer Science, USU, 2016
- International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR) Travel Grant, December 2016
- Travel Grant, USU, March 2016
- Excellent Graduate Student Award, Department of Computer Science, USU, 2015
- Best Academic Presentation Award, Department of Computer Science, USU, 2014
- Golden Prize for Excellent Master, HIT, China, 2011
- Outstanding Master Thesis, HIT, China, 2011
- People Fellowship, Top Grade, HIT, China, 2010