- Learn about the selection, breeding, nutrition, management, showmanship and health requirements of a pygmy goat, an increasingly popular pet.
- Care for one or more pygmy goats for at least 90 days before exhibiting.
- Become familiar with and apply the recommended principles of livestock animal science.
- Gain knowledge of sound breeding, feeding and management practices.
- Develop integrity, sportsmanship, decision-making capabilities and public speaking skills by participation in demonstrations, tours and exhibits.
Some counties have more requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or to check.