Central District Director; Superintendent
Twin Falls Research and Extension Center
315 Falls Avenue East
Twin Falls, ID 83301
M.S., Kansas State University, 2004
B.S., Utah State University, 2001
- Erickson, L. and L. Hansen, 2016. Credit Score Millionaire: Innovative Program Helps Diverse Audiences Build Strong Credit Scores, Journal of Extension (JOE), Volume 54, Number 3, Ideas at Work 3IAW5. .
- Hoffman, K.J., M. Cummins, L. Hansen, B. Petty, K. Tifft, L. Laumatia, 2013. FCS Extension Educators Develop Leaders to Serve in Public Office. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences. 105.4 2013.
- Hansen, L., B. Healy, K. Richel, and M. Bischoff, 2012. Educating Idahoans to Make Their Own Estate Planning Decision, Journal of Extension (JOE), Volume 50, Number 5, Tools of the Trade, 5TOT10. .
- Erickson, L. and L. Hansen, 2012. E-Newsletters: A Simple Way to Integrate Technology with Extension Programming, Journal of Extension (JOE), Volume 50, Number 6, Tools of the Trade, 6TOT5. .
- Cummins, M., B. Petty, L. Hansen, K. Hoffman and G. Wittman. 2012. Expanding the Reach of Extension to Underserved Audiences through Study Circles in Rural Idaho. Journal of Extension (JOE), Volume 50, Number 4, Ideas at Work IAW2. .
- Hines, S., L. Hansen and C. Falen, 2011. So, You Want to Move Out?! An Awareness Program of the Real Costs of Moving Away From Home, Journal of Extension (JOE), Volume 49, Number 1, Ideas at Work, 1IAW2. .
- Petty, B., L. Hansen, K. Hoffman, G. Wittman, C. Falen, C. Cheney, M. Cummins and J. Packham, 2010. Family and Consumer Sciences Educators Partner with Rural Communities to Expand the Reach of Extension, The Journal of National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (JNEAFCS),Volume 5, 2010, Pg. 32-37. .
- Bischoff, M., L. Erickson, L. Hansen, B. Healy and M. Lockard, 2010. Retirement Ready? A Five Session Retirement Planning Curriculum, authored Session 4, Taking the Mystery Out of Investing.
- Hansen, L., 2009. Consumers Ask: Should I Purchase Long-Term Care Insurance? Journal of Extension (JOE), Volume 47, Number 1, Tools of the Trade, 1TOT3. .
- Schumaker, S., B. Bromley-Brody, L. Hansen, G. Taylor, C. Dearein, S. Traver, D. Gray, B. Eborn, L. Erickson and M. Schmidt, 2009. .
- Bromley-Brody, B., C. Dearein, B. Eborn, L. Erickson, D. Gray, L. Hansen, S. Howe, M. Schmidt, G. Taylor and S. Traver, 2008. Reliable Data Tools for Idaho Counties and Towns, CIS 1145.
Rupert, Idaho native Lyle Hansen is the newly appointed University of Idaho Extension central district director. He provides leadership for Extension programs in 10 counties. From 2005 to 2017, Lyle served as an Extension educator in Jerome and Ada counties specializing in family financial management. Lyle is a co-creator of the award winning iOS iPad game, Night of the Living Debt. He holds a master’s from Kansas State University in family financial planning, and a bachelor’s in family and consumer sciences with an emphasis in family finance from Utah State University. He is also an accredited financial counselor. Prior to moving back to Idaho, he worked as a bank manager and a financial representative in the financial industry. Lyle loves living in Idaho and participates in many outdoor activities. He has played over 20 of the disc golf courses in Idaho and hopes to play them all.
- Meaningful Play Conference, Best Overall Digital Game (Night of the Living Debt), 2016
- Serious Play Awards, Gold Award K-12 Education (Night of the Living Debt), 2016
- Excellence in Extension Award (Stash Your Cash – Smart Investing @ Your Library), 2016
- Association for Financial Counseling Planning Education (AFCPE), Outstanding Consumer Financial Information Award, 2015
- National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS), Dean Don Felker Financial Management Award, 1st Place State, 1st Place Region, 2nd Place National, 2014
- National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS), Educational Curriculum Package, 1st Place State, 3rd Place Region, “Retirement Ready?,” 2011
- Idaho Association of Natural Resources and Community Development Extension Professionals Community Partnership Award, “Horizons III,” 2010
- AARP 2010 Member Value Innovation Award for Long Term Care Education, 2010
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Theta Chapter Early Career Service Award, State Winner, 2009
- Idaho Association of Natural Resources and Community Development Extension Professionals Outstanding Educational Materials Award, “Data Tools Webpage,” 2008
- National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS), Florence Hall Award, 1st Place State, 1st Place Region, 1st Place National, “Long-Term Care Workshops,” 2007