The Leadership Academy is designed to provide participants with knowledge and skills in the areas below:
- Enrich knowledge about leadership
- Learn about multiple approaches to leadership from experienced leaders across the university.
- Explore leadership styles and philosophies.
- Examine the political dynamics of higher education institutions and the critical role of strategic planning.
- Recognize the overlapping and different roles of leadership and management.
- Understand change management theory and strategies that support change processes.
- Develop confidence in personal leadership and capacity to take on a leadership role in various situations.
- Strengthen, develop, and use interpersonal communication skills and abilities as leaders in the development, implementation, and assessment of university initiatives.
- Seek and respond to constructive feedback from others.
- Develop a supportive collegial network among participants.
- Internalize the importance of inclusive team composition and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Build capacity to include diverse voices and understand, support, and empower others.
- Understand and appreciate the multiple points of view, ways of thinking, and feelings that are present in the university setting.
- Practice skills that support leadership and membership in groups.