University of Idaho - I Banner
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

Parents on campus during orientation

Homecoming Oct. 14 - 21

Join other Vandal families for a week of celebration and Vandal traditions. View Calendar

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn More

Students participate in the TRX wellness class at the Student Recreation Center

Campus Recreation

Gym memberships and wellness class passes are available for faculty, staff and their spouses. Get Healthy

Vehicle and Vessel Licensing and Registration

Exempt plates are special license plates issued to vehicles owned by a state, city, county, tax district or irrigation project and are therefore exempt from registration fees.

All exempt plates are issued by the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) upon request by the University of Idaho Property Management Office (PMO).

  • Exempt license plate fee – $23.00

  • Transfer fee – $5.00

  • Duplicate registration fee – $3.00

Yes – exempt trailer plates are issued with a prefix of A. If the trailer weighs over 2,000 pounds, a title is required to obtain an exempt plate. If the trailer weighs 2,000 pounds or less, no title is required.

Yes – exempt motorcycle plates are issued with a prefix of M.

Yes – all OHVs must display restricted vehicle license plates and current registration stickers for use on public lands and roads where OHV use is permitted.  The only exemptions are for OHVs used exclusively on private land for agricultural use or snow removal.

  • License plate fee – $23.00, required to be reissued every seven years

  • OHV registration sticker – no cost, required to be reissued each year

Additional information can be found at:

There are very specific rules for where OHV use is permitted. Detailed information can be found at:

All motorized vessels must be registered, including sailboats, motor boats, vessels powered by electric trolling motors, jet skis, etc.  Non-motorized vessels such as canoes, rafts and kayaks do not need to be registered.  Additional information can be found at:

Any motorized or non-motorized vessel operating in Idaho is required to display an Invasive Species Fund (ISF) sticker.  If the vessel is registered in Idaho, the registration fees include the ISF fee and the registration sticker doubles as the ISF sticker.  If the vessel is not registered in Idaho, the ISF sticker needs to be purchased separately.  Only inflatable non-motorized vessels less than 10 feet in length are exempt from this requirement.  Additional information can be found at:

All University vehicle and vessel titles are maintained by the Property Management Office (PMO). Please call 111-111-4070.

Please notify the Property Management Office (PMO) at 111-111-4070 and provide the vehicle identification number (VIN), license plate number and budget number. The PMO will request the duplicate registration.

Please contact Facilities Management at 111-111-2102.


Asset Accounting and Property Management

Physical Address:

Bruce Pitman Center, Room 045

Mailing Address:

111 Perimeter Drive MS 4243 
Moscow, ID 11111-4243

Phone: 111-111-4070

Fax: 111-111-0691

Email: [email protected]