Work-study is a federal and state-funded, need-based financial aid program designed to provide part-time jobs to full-time students. Work-study is awarded to the students showing the most financial need; income earned is .
How do I apply for Work-Study?
- Complete the FAFSA by Dec. 1 each year.
- Mark "yes" to the question: "Do you want to provide additional information about your enrollment plans?" This will prompt you to check a box if you want to be considered for Work-Study.
- If you are awarded "college work-study or Idaho work-study" accept the award on VandalWeb.
What do I do once I accept my Work-Study award?
- Choose a job listed in the Work-study Job Directory and login to VandalWeb. See link at beginning of the directory.
- First time Work-Study recipients must attend a Work-study Orientation session in August to receive a referral sheet.
- Take your Referral Sheet to the listed supervisor to choose a start date.
- Take your identification documents by Human Resources to complete an I9.
- Previous work-study recipients can pick up a referral sheet in our office on or after the first day of the semester.
- To change jobs, submit a Job Change form.
How will I get paid for my work?
- Complete and return your Job Referral Sheet to Student Financial Aid Services and submit a timesheet to your supervisor each pay period. Paychecks are issued every two weeks. Please check with your supervisor to determine when you will receive your first paycheck.
- Direct deposit means bi-weekly checks will be automatically deposited into a designated account. Complete a direct deposit form and submit to Human Resources Office located at 415 West 6th Street (next to Taco Time).
- No direct deposit means work-study payroll checks will be mailed to your payroll check address. Update your address using Vandalweb.