Every University of Idaho College of Engineering student participates in hands-on learning experiences. These experiences help expand real-world understanding and allow students to use their knowledge and creativity to work as a team to make a difference.
Enrich the U of I Experience
Your gift to hands-on learning benefits:
- Top 7 nationally ranked Interdisciplinary Capstone Design Program, infusing real-world experiences into undergraduate engineering education
- Engineering Design EXPO – the longest-running student engineering innovation showcase in the Pacific Northwest
- Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program, preparing engineering students to tackle the toughest challenges of the 21st century
- Connecting undergraduate students to faculty-mentored projects through paid assistantships
- National competition through 20+ engineering student clubs
Grand Challenge Scholars
The Grand Challenge Scholars Program is one of the only programs of its kind in Idaho, preparing students to solve the 14 Grand Challenges of Engineering in the 21st century.