Other Core Benefits
In addition to the medical, dental and vision coverage, the university provides employees with a base plan of Life Insurance and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Employees can also choose to purchase supplemental plans for additional security and comfort.
Life and AD&D Insurance
View the life insurance at-a-glance.
The university provides basic life insurance coverage equal to one times your pay administered through The Standard Insurance Company. Additional life insurance benefits are available for you, your spouse and eligible dependent children, not to exceed the combined amount of your basic and optional life insurance election.
A link to provide Evidence of Insurability is
Tobacco Usage Affects Life Insurance Costs
- Optional and spouse life insurance rates are based on tobacco usage.
- If you or your spouse are tobacco users, but you complete a tobacco cessation class, lower life insurance rates will be charged beginning in the next plan year.
- If you need to change your tobacco user status, please email the Benefits Department.
How to Submit Evidence of Insurability (EOI)
- Complete the life insurance health evidence questionnaire. A link to it will be provided to you upon your election, if its required.
- Coverage and payroll deductions will begin after EOI is approved by The Standard Insurance Company.
- Prior coverage election will be in effect while your EOI is under review.
- EOI approval can take up to six months.
University of Idaho plan number: 649326 (may be needed when completing form)
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
AD&D Insurance protects you and your family in case of death, loss of a limb or eyesight, and certain other conditions that result from an accident. If you die from a covered accident, AD&D pays a benefit in addition to your Life Insurance.
You may choose coverage for yourself and your family members. Employee coverage is available for one to five times your annual salary, to a maximum benefit s $1,000,000. Coverage for family members pays a percentage of your benefits.
Life Insurance Policy Information
AD&D Policy Information
The Standard Life Insurance Company
(National Conference of Public Employees Retirement Systems)
Please note: Employees who elect this optional insurance MUST be enrolled in the PERSI retirement plan.
- Life and accident insurance combination that decreases in value as the employee ages.
- Coverage available for spouses and dependent children.
- Employees can enroll within 90 days of date your employment began or during an open enrollment period.
- For more information, visit the NCPERS
HealthSmart Benefit Solutions, Inc.