Supervisor Training Modules
In addition to the university-wide work-related training modules, supervisors and managers are required to complete the following online training modules. You will receive an access email with login instructions to complete the training upon hire.
A supervisor is defined as “anyone supervising (having authority to undertake or recommend a tangible employment action and/or direct an employee’s work activities) an employee, but include department and program heads (e.g., Principal Investigators) even if they do not supervise people directly. An employee is defined as anyone receiving compensation for work performed including temporary employees and work study students.”
Total time required to complete the modules is approximately three hours:
- Performance Management Resources and Training (24 minutes)
- Performance Evaluation Resources and Training (18 minutes)
- Navigating the Employment Legal Landscape Resources and Training, Part One (ADA, FLSA and Time/Leave Entry) (25 minutes)
- Navigating the Employment Legal Landscape Resources and Training, Part Two (FMLA, Other Policies, Documentation Strategies) (15 minutes)
- Strategies for Selection and Hiring Success Resources and Training (41 minutes)
These modules are required training for supervisors and managers, but are optional (and encouraged) for other employees who have an interest in learning what we teach the supervisors and those who wish to develop their own skills for professional growth and potential promotion opportunities.
If you have any questions regarding your status as a supervisor, please contact contact us at [email protected] or 111-111-2323.
Note: Supervisors are also required to take the training modules designated for all employees.