Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Human Resources - Workforce Diversity, a unit in the Office of Human Resources, supports the university's compliance with federal and state laws regrading discrimination and harassment, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity.
Human Resources works with administrators, faculty and staff members by:
- Promoting a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
- Explaining and clarifying university policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
- Supporting diversity in recruitment and hiring by assisting administrative and academic departments in meeting these goals and adhering to Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Compiling and analyzing information and data for the university’s Affirmative Action Plan, organizational analysis and strategic planning efforts.
- Advising campus constituents on areas of progress and areas that require ongoing attention with regard to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.