students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

Parents on campus during orientation

Homecoming Oct. 1-7

Join other Vandal families for a week of celebration and Vandal traditions. View Calendar

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn More

Students participate in the TRX wellness class at the Student Recreation Center

Campus Recreation

Gym memberships and wellness class passes are available for faculty, staff and their spouses. Get Healthy

Payroll FAQs

All payroll checks will be mailed to your current Payroll Check (HR) address set up in the University of Idaho’s banner system or you may have your check direct deposited into your bank account.  

To change your current Payroll Check Address please either come into Human Resources and fill out a change of address form, email [email protected] with your request or log into .  

From the VandalWeb’s Main Menu click on the “Personal Information/Address Menu” tab, then click on the “Update Address(es) and Phone(s)” link.  From here you can click on the “Current:” link displayed to the left of your current Payroll Check Address to update your current one.

Payroll at the University of Idaho is on a bi-weekly pay schedule with payments made to employees every other Friday. All employees receive pay on Friday for the previous two weeks, i.e., a two-week lag. If the last day of the payroll period is a holiday, checks will be available to the employee the day before the holiday. Because of the bi-weekly schedule, deadlines for processing payroll related documents are very tight. Any deadline changes will be noted in the University of Idaho Register in advance of the affected pay date.

See Payroll Cutoff Dates on the Payroll Calendars page.

Employees can authorize the University of Idaho to directly wire your paycheck to your specified bank using a checking or savings account.

Direct Deposit can be set up online. If you have never set up direct deposit before:

  1. Log into .
  2. Click on the “Employee Menu” tab or the “Employee Information” link.
  3. Under Payroll click on “Direct Deposit Review or Update.”
  4. Click on “Update Direct Deposit Allocation.”
  5. Enter your Bank Routing Number as seen in the example below, your routing number is found in the bottom left corner of your checks. If this is a savings account you may need to contact your bank and ask them for the routing number.
  6. Once the routing number is entered, the bank name will automatically appear to the right. Please note: if the bank’s name does not match please stop and contact Payroll directly. We will need to see a voided check in order to update the routing number and bank name association.
  7. Enter your Account Number. This should be the next series of numbers found on your check after the routing number. Be sure that you do not include your check number.
  8. Re-Enter Account Number a second time to ensure accuracy.
  9. Select from the drop down box Account Type: Checking or Savings.
  10. Then you need to indicate if this is going to be a flat dollar amount or percentage you are contributing to this account. If you want all of your payroll check to go into this account, enter 100 percent.
  11. If you enter a specific dollar amount or percentage, the remaining amount will be entered as a check and then sent to your check mailing address. If you want to split this between multiple accounts enter the percentage or dollar amount and then click on Save. Then click on Update Direct Deposit allocation and enter the other account information the same as above. Then select Remaining amount for the rest of your payroll check to go into this account.

If you currently have Direct Deposit set up but need to change it:

  1. Follow steps 1 through 4 above
  2. Click on the bank name under your current allocation
  3. Check the box next to Inactivate to turn this account off
  4. Select Save
  5. Then you can follow the above steps 4 through 11 to set up a new account.

Legal proof of your Social Security number is required when you begin your employment at the University of Idaho.

If you are a board appointed employee your W-2 will be mailed to your department. If you are a temporary employee, your W-2 will be mailed to your W-2 address listed in VandalWeb. You can log into VandalWeb to verify that your address is correct. If the address is incorrect, please click the W-2 address link and update the address.

If you are a fulltime student at the University of Idaho and work for the University of Idaho, then you are exempt from paying Social Security and Medicare. A fulltime student is an undergraduate student taking at least 12 credits and a graduate student taking at least six credits.

Exempt status is only good for one (1) year and you revert to single status with zero (0) allowances on February 15th of the following year.

Physical Address:
415 West 6th Street
Moscow, ID

Mailing Address:
111 Perimeter Drive MS 4332 
Moscow, ID 11111-4332

Phone: 111-111-3868

Fax: 111-111-3864

Email: [email protected]