Supervisory Excellence Program
The University of Idaho Supervisory Excellence Program is a flexible, performance skills based program of learning designed to provide UI supervisors and supervisor aspirants with an opportunity to develop supervisory competencies. The program enhances skill development in critical thinking, delegating, coaching, setting expectations, communication, organizational awareness, team leadership, and human resources management.
The majority of our Supervisor Core Skill Workshops are now available on demand! Completion of any of these online modules as part of the 2016 University Work-Related Training fulfills part of your Supervisor Core Skill requirement for the Supervisory Excellence Program. All other Supervisor Core Skill and Supervisor Skill Workshops will continue to be delivered in a live training format at various times throughout the year.
The Program Objectives include:
- Providing supervisors and administrators with tools and skills to hire and develop an effective team, manage optimal performance and maintain a positive work culture.
- Increasing supervisor and administrator knowledge in critical areas of legal and ethical compliance.
- Refining supervisory skills and facilitate a communication network.
The UI Supervisory Excellence Program is suitable for newly designated supervisors and experienced supervisors who wish to enhance their supervisory skills. Aspirants to supervisor may also participate. Workshops are open to all qualified UI employees.
There are several benefits participants may enjoy as a result of participating in this program:
• Transition into supervisory roles more smoothly
• Achieve results with less stress
• Supervise more consistently
• Create a more supportive and productive work environment
• Enhance your supervisory skills
• Enhance your career competitiveness
All Available as Online Learning Modules!
- Safety & Security Awareness at the University of Idaho **
- Navigating the Employment Legal Landscape, Parts 1 & 2 **
* Successful completion of this module as part of the 2015 or 2016 U of I Work-Related Training initiative fulfills this requirement.
** Successful completion of this module as part of the 2016 U of I Work-Related Training initiative fulfills this requirement.
Live Offerings, Pre-Registration Required!
Summer 2018 Registration Opens May 1, 2018
|Leadership Essentials, Part 1: Leading Self||Wednesday, June 6, 9 - 11 a.m.|
|Leadership Essentials, Part 2: Leading Others||Wednesday, June 13, 9 - 11 a.m.|
|Conflict Management for Supervisors||Monday, June 18, 9 - 11 a.m.|
|Building Resiliency||Monday, June 18, 1 - 3 p.m.|
|Building Team Relationships||Wednesday, June 20, 9 - 11 a.m.|
|Coaching Employees for Success||Wednesday, June 27, 9 - 11 a.m.|
Certificate of Completion
To receive a certificate of completion, participants must complete all of the supervisor core competency workshops, and three supervisor skill workshops. You will need to fill out and submit the Course Completion Tracking Sheet to [email protected]tinations.info. Please contact Dusty Fleener at 111-111-2323 for more information.
Holmes, Kay Dee
Lorentz, Julie Lang