Submit a Service Ticket
Please complete this short, online service ticket request if you need technical help. Be as specific as possible in answering the questions. Submitting a ticket is the fastest way to get the help you need.
When received, your TSP (or local support team) will contact you within four business hours to assess your technical need and take next steps to resolve it. As always, your patience is appreciated.
ITS Self-Help tutorials can be useful in assisting employees with common technical questions about topics such as password resets, Office 365, email set up, phone troubleshooting and more.
Submitting a Service Ticket is the quickest way to let your TSP or local support team know you need technical help. Once submitted, you can expect a contact from your TSP within four business hours. Typically, tickets are resolved within a couple business days. Tickets with unique issues or related to ordering computer hardware or software may take longer.
Generally, Service Tickets are processed on a first come first served basis. However, if multiple tickets are received, then tickets are prioritized based on the criteria below.
- Critical — Many customers down
- Power outage across campus because of severe high winds
- Urgent — Many customers affected
- VandalWeb interface crashes with too many students trying to access it.
- High — One customer down
- UI Net ID password doesn't work.
- Computer does not start up.
- Normal — One customer affected
- Mobile access to email is not working on an employee's phone.
- Purchase of new computer software
Service tickets will be forwarded to the correct support person (i.e. for U of I students that is the Student Technology Center; U of I employees that will be your TSP or local support team). It is the goal of Information Technology Services (ITS) is to make sure every U of I student and employee receives the technical help they need in a timely manner.