As a student in the College of Law, you'll have numerous opportunities to apply classroom knowledge to real legal situations. This valuable practical experience will give you an excellent head start in your legal career.
Build your Practical Skills
- Clinics: Advise clients in our Mediation Clinic, Immigration Litigation & Appellate Clinic, Tax Clinic, Small Business Clinic, Main Street Law Clinic or Economic Development Clinic.
- Externships: Work for public agencies, nonprofit organizations, or state and federal judges while earning credit.
- Semester in Practice: Third-year students work in approved agencies and nonprofits in Boise, Idaho.
- Pro Bono Program: Provide at least 50 hours of required law-related service.
- Competitions: Hone your skills through legal writing competitions and courtroom competitions.
- Magistrate Judge Research Assistance: Assist judges with research and writing projects.
- Legislative Research Assistance Program: Assist Idaho’s legislators with research and writing projects during the legislative session.
Top Externship Program
The College of Law is ranked number 15 in the country for our externship program by preLaw magazine.
College of Law Receives National Ranking
National Jurist magazine published their ranking of "top law schools for clinical opportunities." University of Idaho's College of Law is #13.