Submit to The Register & My UI
University Communications and Marketing produces daily and weekly newsletters for University of Idaho employees and students.
The Daily Register is a daily email newsletter for U of I faculty and staff. My UI is a weekly newsletter for all university students. All U of I community members may submit items to either or both publications by filling out the form below.
The Daily Register is designed to share policy issues, news and events with the faculty and staff. As the primary communication medium for official information, it is delivered to employees through email daily at 6 a.m. during the academic year, and weekly during academic breaks. This publication only prints items of university interest. Events must be sponsored by official university units or organizations. All material is subject to editing according to space, style and policy requirements.
The deadline for submission is 2 p.m. to be considered for the next day’s Register. Items may be scheduled to run later and/or run multiple times at the discretion of the University Communications staff.
Content categories are:
- Faculty and staff announcements: Can include information about conferences, events, policy changes, job searches, etc.
- Kudos and acknowledgments: Awards and achievements, retirement celebrations, publications and other honors.
- In memoriam: Obituaries of any university alumni, student, employee, retiree, donor or stakeholder.
- Internal job opportunities: Postings must be listed with Human Resources for listing in this space. Jobs run for two weeks or until the closing date, whichever comes first.
My UI is the official student newsletter of the University of Idaho. It is created and distributed by University Communications & Marketing to help students better manage the volume of email they receive.
It is distributed through email to all students at 6 a.m. each Monday during the academic year.
Deadline for submitting items for this newsletter is noon the Wednesday prior to publication. My UI only publishes items of university interest, and all content is subject to editing.
Content categories are:
- Events This Week: A list of activities of interest to students, sorted by activity type. These items are collected from university calendar. Submit a calendar item »
- News & Updates: Official university communications aimed at students. Can include available services, deadlines, reminders, student organization news and other notices.
- Help Wanted: A selection of recent on- and off-campus job postings. To have an on-campus job considered for this space, email [email protected].
- Academic Dates & Deadlines: This information is taken from UI’s official academic calendar, provided by the Office of the Registrar.
Submit a News Release
Find guidelines for creating news releases, formatting tips and templates.