University of Idaho
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

Parents on campus during orientation

Homecoming Oct. 1-7

Join other Vandal families for a week of celebration and Vandal traditions. View Calendar

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn More

Students participate in the TRX wellness class at the Student Recreation Center

Campus Recreation

Gym memberships and wellness class passes are available for faculty, staff and their spouses. Get Healthy

Office of the Registrar

Physical Address:
Bruce M. Pitman Center
Room 119

Mailing Address:
111 Perimeter Dr MS 4260
Moscow, ID 11111-4260

[email protected]
Phone: (111) 111-6731
Fax: (111) 111-9061

Change of Major

A student's curriculum consists of the degree(s), major(s), minor(s), and academic certificates he or she is seeking.  Students may make changes to their curriculum anytime with approval from the academic departments/colleges. Students select which degree(s) and major(s) they want to pursue when they apply for admission; any changes to these require permission once the student begins attending. Prior to attending the student may contact the Admissions Office to have his or her application updated.

How to Change, Add, or Drop a Curriculum


  1. Login to .
  2. Select Students tab.
  3. Select Change My Major.
  4. Select and enter the requested changes.
  5. Click the Submit Changes button.

The change requests will be routed to the appropriate college for review and approval. Students will receive email notifications at each step of the review process. Once the changes are approved by the college, the student's degree audit will automatically update overnight. Students will be assigned a new advisor by the college as part of the approval process. Any previous degree audit substitutions or waivers will not automatically be applied to the updated curriculum; advisors must contact [email protected] to request reapplication of previous substitutions or waivers.

Additional instructions for completing the online Change My Major process are available in the PDF user guide.

Alternatively, undergraduate students may opt to submit a Change of Curriculum form to update their records. The Change of Curriculum form requires academic department or dean's signatures to approve additions, drops, and changes before being submitted to the Registrar's Office. No signatures are required for curriculum that are being kept without changes.



Using a Change of Curriculum form list all current degrees and majors. Curriculum that are being kept need only to be marked as such on the form; no signatures are required.

  1. Complete form.
  2. Student obtains required signatures for any curriculum for which they are adding, dropping, or changing.
    • Academic department must approve a student's entry into a new curriculum.
    • Academic department must approve a student's dropping a curriculum.
    • Academic department must approve changes to the current curriculum.
  3. Student submits department approved Change of Curriculum form to the College of Graduate Studies for review and approval.
  4. Student submits the signed Change of Curriculum form to the Registrar.
  5. Registrar updates the student's record.

Any changes or addition to a study plan must be then submitted by the student and approved by the major professor and the College of Graduate Studies to reflect on the student's degree audit.

Curriculum Terminology

Academic Certificate: A coherent body of work designed to reflect specialized expertise, independent of a degree, major or minor.

Catalog Year: The Catalog issue that the student is following the prescribed requirements to earn the degree. Requirements for a degree can change year-to-year, but once a student declares a Catalog year for their curriculum they required to meet the requirements listed only in that specific Catalog issue. Incoming students are automatically assigned to the Catalog year of their entry (i.e. students admitted for the Fall 2014 semester are assigned to the 2014-2015 Catalog).

College: The college in which the student's degree program is part of. Colleges are: Agricultural & Life Sciences, Art & Architecture, Business & Economics, Education, Engineering, Law, Letters, Arts, & Social Sciences, Natural Resources, Science.

Degree: The actual degree being sought such as B.A., B.S., B.S.ED., B.S.BUS., B.F.A., B.S.FOR.P.,M.S., M.ENGR, etc. Many degrees are very specific to the major, not just a B.A. or B.S.

Major: The major associated with the degree such as History, Secondary Education, Marketing, Computer Science, Landscape Architecture, etc.

Minor: A shorter course of study that supplements undergraduate majors such as Spanish, Journalism, International Business, Public Relations, etc. Minors are not required for graduation with a major.

Option: Also known sometimes as an emphasis, some majors have different emphasis areas associated such as English-Literature Emphasis, English-Professional Emphasis, Sociology-Criminology Emphasis, Math-Scientific Modeling Option. Not all majors have an option or emphasis.

Office of the Registrar

Physical Address:
Bruce M. Pitman Center
Room 119

Mailing Address:
111 Perimeter Dr MS 4260
Moscow, ID 11111-4260

[email protected]
Phone: (111) 111-6731
Fax: (111) 111-9061

спортивная обувь купить

у нас

на сайте