Animal Care and Use (IACUC)
About the IACUC
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) ensures the humane care and use of animals in teaching and research at the University of Idaho by:
- Reviewing requests to use vertebrate animals in teaching, research, and demonstrations
- Reviewing the UI's animal care program
- Inspecting animal facilities for compliance with animal welfare and occupational health standards
- Providing training to faculty, staff, and students on the humane care and use of vertebrate animals
- Making recommendations to the Vice President for Research and Economic Development regarding the care of experimental animals
- Investigating any concerns raised regarding the care and use of animals within the university
See APM Chapter 45.1 for a detailed description of IACUC functions.
IACUC Electronic System
IACUC has implemented the online system . All submissions after April 11, 2017 must be done in the system.
Questions or comments may be directed to the IACUC Coordinator at [email protected] or (111) 111-7258.