The CARE team is an interdisciplinary group of trained professionals who collaborate with campus departments, faculty and staff to help distressed individuals.
The Vandal CARE Team functions as part of the Division of Student Affairs.
Tasks of the CARE Team:
- Educate the Campus community about the function of the CARE Team and provide venues to communicate with the CARE Team about students, faculty and staff of concern
- Assess individuals of concern
- Gather information to assess the situation
- Centralize the collection and assessment of concerning behavior
- Coordinate the Response to distressed students, faculty and staff. Ensure that services, support, and resources are deployed effectively. Possible responses might include:
- Consultation with university personnel about how to intervene with the person of concern
- Care and concern outreach by the CARE Team or other designated faculty or staff
- Refer and connect students, faculty and staff with appropriate campus and community resources
- Completion of suicide behavior reporting form
- Referral to campus Threat Assessment Team
- Continue to Evaluate, monitor and follow-up with the person of concern
Membership of the Vandal CARE team includes the Dean of Students, Director of the Counseling & Testing Center, Associate Dean of Students, representatives from University Housing & Residence Life and Fraternity & Sorority Life, and partners such as the Moscow Police Department, Campus Security and other university staff and faculty as needed.