Parent Advisory Council
The Parent Advisory Council is an active and engaged group of parents of current university students operating under the Parent & Family Association.
The council provides feedback on issues important to parents; provides assistance in enrollment efforts and advocating for the university; and informs and advises the university’s parent fundraising efforts. Council members are key volunteers in parent-focused initiatives for the Annual Giving, Dean of Students and Admissions offices.
Ed Bergdorf | Everett, Wash.
Nancy Bergdorf | Everett, Wash.
Chuck Christopher | Juliaetta, Idaho
Terry Dolar | Boise, Idaho
Shannon Erstad | Boise, Idaho
Andrew Erstad | Boise, Idaho
Patricia Fery | Boise, Idaho
Traci Hacker | Moscow, Idaho
Bill Keller | Boise, Idaho
Celeste Keller | Boise, Idaho
Gary McGee | Boise, Idaho
Tomi McGee | Boise, Idaho
Chris Miller | Boise, Idaho
Patrick Miller | Boise, Idaho
Joni Porter | Boise, Idaho
Michael Porter | Boise, Idaho
Chuck Schmoeger | Boise, Idaho
Deborah Shepherd | Idaho Falls, Idaho
Diane Suomi | Woodland, Wash.
Brad Surkamer | Eagle, Idaho
Michelle Surkamer | Eagle, Idaho
Members serve the university by:
- Cultivating relationships with parents of current students, using their experience and connections to answer questions and serve as a resource
- Attending semi-annual Parent Advisory Council meetings on campus during Dads' and Moms' weekends
- Encouraging other parents of current students to join the Parents Advisory Council
- Attending University of Idaho events in their region whenever possible
- Supporting the University of Idaho by giving each year
Contact James Brownson, director of Annual Giving at (111) 111-5369 or email [email protected].