Communications and Media Relations
The University of Idaho's communications team is dedicated to promoting and delivering the stories and messages of the university, its faculty, staff and students. We understand the many ways in which people listen and engage, and our communications team is here to help all employees reach their communications goals.
Our team consists of marketing and communications managers (marcomms) embedded in units across the university who are supported centrally by University Communications and Marketing (UCM). Units without a marcomm are supported by UCM central staff.
Our staff includes media relations experts, trained journalists and professional editors who can help you develop a clear message while ensuring adherence to the university’s brand voice and style.
No matter what your communications needs are, UCM can help your story best represent who we are — smart, creative and consistent.
University Communications team members can assist you with:
- Strategic communication plans for events, initiatives or programs
- Writing, editing and distributing news releases to local, regional and national media
- Internal communications, such as emails, memos, invites and newsletters
- Search committee communications and employment announcements
- The Daily Register, My UI and other internal communications
- Proofreading and editing services
- Editorial coaching and guidance
- Feature articles and content development
- Media training
- Media pitching and story placement
- And much more!
To get started, contact the marketing and communications staff member in your unit.