FAQ and Helpful Tips
In a candid or casual on-location photo session, wear clothing that would typically be worn in that venue. Students should also bring items appropriate to the venue – books, notebooks, book bags, sports gear and/or musical instruments. Vandal gear featuring the university logos is encouraged, but not required. Avoid clothing with names of or endorsements for outside businesses and institutions.
Files are accessible in our Image Database. We also email copies upon request.
We do a standard edit that includes softening highlights and shadows, along with minor blemish removal. Additional editing is available upon request.
U of I’s Photo Services image database allows access to brand-appropriate images, taken by our team of professional photographers, that capture the Vandal story. Images in the database are the property of the University of Idaho and may be used by university departments and preapproved third parties.
- All departments and the general public — View Only
- Non-Subscriber Photographic Clients — Unlimited access to their images
- Subscribers — Unlimited Access to Departmental and Campus images
- Departments that pay for photo sessions will have unlimited download access to their images.
- Images will be accessible to the UCM web team and college/unit marketing and communications managers, and the Creative Services team for marketing purposes.
- Images will be added to our public database for stock image requests.
Our stock image and job recovery fees are:
- $15 per image* one-time use fee for U of I departments
- $30 per image* one-time use for all off campus requests for commercial use
*Fees help cover the cost of maintaining the database.
- Unlimited number of users (additional fees apply for more than five users)
- Ability to view and download your department’s images and view and request downloads of campus images
- Ability to share images using a “lightbox,” allowing collaboration with others working on the same project. This means each person can view, remove or rate images to help with the selection process. It also ensures easier collaboration with the UCM team working on a project.
- Subscribers receive update notifications when new images are added.
- Subscription fees are $90 per month for one to five users.
- Additional (over 5) users fees are $18 per user.
Subscription fees help cover the cost of maintaining the database.
We can set up a gallery for you to download images. Please contact Photo Services and we can help with permissions. Image file fees apply.
It is standard UCM practice to have Photo Services supply images to departments for other uses.
Yes. Photo Services maintains a of images. Requests for downloading images can be made from the website or by emailing [email protected].
Yes, we offer free image downloads at 2400 pixels for use by news media outlets and University of Idaho faculty, staff, and students who need branded images for PowerPoint. To access go to the in our . When prompted for a password, enter "freedownload."