Animal Care and Use (IACUC)
About the IACUC
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) ensures the humane care and use of animals in teaching and research at the University of Idaho by:
- Reviewing requests to use vertebrate animals in teaching, research, and demonstrations
- Reviewing the UI's animal care program
- Inspecting animal facilities for compliance with animal welfare and occupational health standards
- Providing training to faculty, staff, and students on the humane care and use of vertebrate animals
- Making recommendations to the Vice President for Research and Economic Development regarding the care of experimental animals
- Investigating any concerns raised regarding the care and use of animals within the university
See APM Chapter 45.1 for a detailed description of IACUC functions.
New IACUC Electronic System Goes Live on April 12
IACUC has implemented the online system . All submissions after April 11, 2017 must be done in the system.
All IACUC Submissions must be turned in by the close of business on the First Thursday of the month in order to be considered at that month's meeting.
Note that we will be migrating basic data into the system, such as personnel, associated dates, and titles, and the most recent file we have of your approved protocol. Other documents (e.g. associated permits) will not be put into the system, but can be attached later if needed.
Note that migration of data from one system to another is, by definition, an imperfect process. We have made every effort we can to ensure that data being imported is accurate, but we suggest that you review the information, particularly associated personnel, to verify that the current list is accurate.